Another week, another vegetarian meal planning job begins. I get bored eating the same things ALL.THE.TIME! But my fellas on the other hand, they could eat the same thing week in and week out. So yesterday as we were doing our weekly shopping I decided to grab a couple of gnocchi options (potato and sweet potato) to give a shot to a little recipe I thought about as I was using some vegetable soup last week for the stock. This week’s new favorite with lots of flavor, I give you Skillet Gnocchi & Chard!
- 2, 9 oz packages prepared Gnocchi (I used Nuovo Gluten Free potato and sweet potato)
- 1 large Shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard (or whatever is in season), chopped
- 1 can organic Diced Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 can organic Northern Beans, drained
- 1 tsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp Go Veggie! Dairy Free Parmesan Style grated topping
In a large skillet add extra virgin olive oil and shallots and sweat shallots until they are a little translucent. Next mix in chopped chard and basil. When chard begins to wilt add tomatoes, beans, Badia Complete Seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until skillet begins to bubble. Finally, add parmesan style grated topping and gnocchi. Lightly toss until gnocchi is combined with and cook on medium-low for and additional 8-10 minutes.
I served this with some crusty bread and a side of salad. Very filling and FULL of amazing flavor! Step outside your vegetarian comfort zone and try this one for yourself!