Asparagus & Shallot Frittata
With long holiday weekend here and fall approaching we will be entertaining more and enjoying the cooler temperatures with family and friend gatherings. For a heavy brunch alternative, give this frittata a try.
- 1 cup chopped fresh Asparagus
- 1 large diced Shallot
- 1 cup grated Pepperjack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 8 large brown Eggs
- 1 cup wilted fresh Baby Spinach (optional)
- 3 chopped fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl scramble eggs, next add remaining ingredients and stir together until combined. With a non-fat cooking spray, coat a 1/2 quart baking dish and add ingredients. With a spoon spread mixture even and place in oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes check the center of the frittata, if it no longer jiggles remove and serve.
Recipe yields 6-8 brunch sized portions.