Though it is still quite steamy in Florida, I am excited about the prospects of Fall especially the warm soup season that brings. In our attempt to get our healthy veggie consumption on, last week I tried out a new recipe to replace white potatoes with fresh cauliflower. I love this new little pot of goodness! Enjoy!
- 1 whole head Cauliflower, trimmed & roughly chopped
- 1 whole stem Leeks, chopped
- 4 whole fresh Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 can unsweetened organic Coconut Milk
- 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- Finish with salt/ground pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to 6-8 Quart Slow Cooker or Crock Pot and place on 6 hour setting or high if you do not have a programmable pot. Let cook until veggies are soft and then stir in can of unsweetened organic Coconut Milk. Using Immersion Blender, begin to combine ingredients. If you don’t have an Immersion Blender, you can certainly use a food processor or standard blender for combining the ingredients, just note that you will most likely have to process the mixture in batches. Once all ingredients are combined to a smooth lump-free consistency, add Nutritional Yeast and combine until incorporated. Cover and cook for approximately 30 more minutes on high.
This recipe is great as a meal or side dish accompaniment and is great with a crusty bread. Recipe will serve 6-8 for under $15.
* For non-vegetarian or non-vegan eaters, you can substitute your favorite cheese of choice for the Nutritional Yeast.