I love this time of year when the temps are just starting to cool down a bit and you can break out your slow cooker for some hearty soup and stew recipes! One of our new favorites is this hearty vegetable stew that I use all flash frozen organic vegetables packages and add in some organic vegetable stock with a little water and set it to cook for 10 hours. Not having to worry about dinner is a HUGE stress reliever some weeks and this even leaves enough left overs for lunches which is an added bonus!
- 1 package, sliced Okra
- 1 package, Corn
- 1 package, Green Beans
- 1 package, cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 cups, dry Baby Lima Beans
- 1 1/2 cups, diced baby Red Potatoes
- 2, diced large Tomatoes (or you can use a canned tomato variety of your choice)
- 1 diced Red Onion
- 32 oz. container, Vegetable Broth
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
Place all ingredients into slow cooker and set time to 10 hours. I like to add sliced pickled jalapeno and hot sauce to my serving and enjoy with some toasted pita bread or toasted flat bread.