We love Curry, but most of the time we end up getting our Curry dishes at a local Indian restaurant that has remained one of our favorites for years. But last week, I wanted Curry at home so I opted to take a Chicken Curry recipe that I previously posted and just do fresh veggies instead. It’s really a simple recipe, which is even more exciting for me. A flavorful dish in little time, SIGN.ME.UP!
- 2 cups Red Potatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh Green Beans, snapped
- 1 cup Zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 – 13.5 oz can unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 bottle Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (I get mild or original not spicy)
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter, we use Earth Balance (you can use regular butter if you eat dairy)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
In a large sauce pot add all vegetables with olive oil, curry powder and salt and sauté until carrots are tender (but not mushy). In a separate saucepan, melt vegan butter and add Curry Paste. Stir until blended then add vegetable stock and slowly stir in Coconut Milk until blended. Let simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat and then add to sauce pot of vegetables. Cook together for another 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring often, and then serve by itself or over Basmati Rice. We like to add a side of Naan bread to give it that restaurant feel!