A few weeks ago, as we spent most of the morning working around the house and getting ready for a Saturday night Prime Time college football game, I found myself putting together the WHAT for what’s for dinner. I opted for some slow roasted baby back ribs that would be finished on the grill with my homemade BBQ sauce and I wanted a hearty salad, but not coleslaw to go with it. I decided to go for a raw Brussels Sprouts Salad with a bit of a twist and OH MY GOODNESS, it turned out divine! So much so that I’m going to make ahead a batch for snacking later this weekend.
It’s super simple, super quick and super DELICIOUS! You can serve it with our without the Citrus Vinaigrette, because the flavor is fabulous either way!
Here’s the rundown on what you need and how to put it together . . .
- 2 cups organic raw Brussels Sprouts, chopped or diced
- 1 cup organic dried Cranberries
- 1 cup fresh roasted Pecans, chopped
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked and cooled Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Badia Complete Seasoning (yes, if you follow my recipes, I use this in almost everything)
- Cracked Pepper (desired amount – I LOVE pepper myself)
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. I just got in there with my hands so that I made sure to incorporate everything completely and also not to destroy the ingredients with a spoon. Once combined either serve as is or add with Citrus Vinaigrette, recipe below.
To make the Citrus Vinaigrette whisk together:
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar (pick a good brand)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Honey (optional)
Once combined add to salad and combine. Chill and serve with your favorite family BBQ dinner or simply as a salad option.
Go give this one a try for yourself and let me know how you like it!