Quick, grab-n-go pre and post workout fuel is really hard to keep healthy and clean sometimes. Often even more difficult is finding a sweet alternative when your cravings hit that don’t pack on the calories.
I love the no bake alternatives that I have found in the past, but I must say, this recipe is by far my favorite protein bar alternative yet.
Almond Butter Chocolate Protein Balls (No baking here!!)
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons Tupelo Honey (or honey of your choice)
- 2 oz Chocolate Protein Powder (I used a Chocolate Mocha Protein I had on hand)
- 1 cup uncooked Oats
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Cold Milled Ground Flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Lecithin Granules (optional)
In a microwave safe bowl add almond butter and honey and microwave for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and using an ice cream scoop, scoop and form balls on the wax paper (the texture is sticky and will firm up after refrigerating). This recipe yields 12 protein balls. Place in the refrigerator for one hour and remove and store in plastic bags or aluminum foil individually. Each protein ball has about 40 calories.