When people hear that I have gone vegetarian and a lot of the time even vegan with my eating, they say, Wow, you must eat really boring food now! But to those people I say, nope, my food is just as flavorful if not more than it was when I was a 100% carnivore. You get out of food what you put into it and if you take a little extra time and think about some amazing flavorful ingredients, the results will repay you ten fold! Here is what I used to create this A-MAZINGLY flavorful salad.
- 1 large bunch organic Red Kale, washed and chopped
- 1/2 pint grape organic Tomatoes, sliced length-wise
- 1/2 cup organic green seedless Grapes, diced
- 1 organic Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 1/2 pint Organic Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Nut & Seed mixture with dried fruit (a/k/a Gorp)
Combine all ingredients in your favorite salad bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I generally toss our salads with our favorite dressing, but opted to serve the dressing on the side this time. I paired it with my new favorite homemade Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette and it was amazing! You could serve this salad as a hearty leafy meal or you could pair it with your favorite carnivorous protein choice.
Though we are knocking on the door of Fall, I loved the colorful brightness of this salad and all ingredients are still in season, which made it even more affordable!