Throughout the month of November I have participated in the Month of Thankful posts on my personal page on Facebook. I have taken each day to be thankful for not only the good, but also the bad. We grow and we learn, as humans, by our victories and our failures. It takes so much to push through tough and trying times in our lives, but knowing sometimes that we are not alone in those struggles makes coping with them seem much less difficult.
All of my posts have been very meaningful to me, but here are a few that I wanted to share as we approach Thanksgiving Day –
- Nov 3rd – Today I am thankful for Courage. Not just my own, courage that those find in themselves to overcome illness, addiction, mental breakdown and resolve that we cannot control all things but we can make a difference if we just believe and have the courage to keep trying. Your heart may be heavy and all odds seem stacked against you, but have the Courage to keep moving forward because even baby steps forward are still steps . . .
- November 5th – Today I am thankful for a Mom that taught me many things growing up . . . Never allow anyone to steal your sunshine, never be afraid to go after your dreams, love with all your heart even when others will break it, there is no shame in crying, always remain humble and always stand up for what you believe in even if you find yourself standing alone . . .
- November 6th – Today I am thankful for a man who teaches me patience, sees the good in bad, shows me that tolerance is something you have to work on every day, that loving someone means liking them first, that happiness is what you make it, that marriage is always about compromise and that above all he loves me with my ‘red head temper’ and all! Everyday he teaches me to take one step at a time and never fret over those things we cannot change. I get to call this wonderful man my husband!
- November 7th – Today I am thankful that my world of running united me with this little one and her amazing family! I run for Carly, not because she isn’t able, because she is very capable of running (as her Mommy will attest to) but because she needs a little sunshine in her chaotic world to know that even people outside of her family also love her and believe that Special Needs Children are amazing people of the world too. Every single run I think of her sweet face and excited squeal of joy.
- November 8th – Today I am thankful for one of the best friends I have. We not only share the same first and middle name, but we share the love for a sport that society says is not a team sport. The best running partner anyone could ask for, co-leader, coach, mentor and positive voice in my head pushing me to be a better leader, runner and person. But her life is not just about running, showing that even in times of sadness and frustration and times that some would give up, she just keeps on smiling. She is one if the strongest women I know with the biggest heart. We’ve come a long way BABY and we’ve only just begun! I’ll miss her this weekend as I travel to my race, but you better believe she will be texting and calling because that’s what she does when she cannot be there. I love you my friend and I am so thankful that we crossed paths all those years ago.
- November 8th – Today i am thankful for my Blogger Family! Some I’ve had the amazing pleasure to meet in person, others I’ve only known online, but above all we are a huge family of support, inspiration and encouragement. We write with all our heart, we put it all out there good or bad, and we always ‘Bring the Thunder’ of support for each others endeavors! I’m so grateful that I took the leap to put it all out there and had the chance to meet some amazing friends that I consider an extended part of my family! You know who you are!
- November 10th – Today I am thankful for my Moms Run This Town (MRTT) Family. I have never joined a group of ALL ladies that welcomes you with open arms as these amazing ladies do! We are over 700 Chapters strong and growing. MRTT has not only helped me in my running journey but brought some amazing friends into my world. Through the good, the bad and the ugly they are always there for a hug, PHOTO OP and encouragement! I love you ladies and your energy and may we ever stay in our running journey together! Peace-Love-Running MRTT
- November 12th – Today I am thankful for sobriety. I have many reasons why I am thankful for this but most of all I know it’s something that I am doing for me. Because the thought of starting at Zero again just isn’t worth it . . .
- November 13th – Today I am thankful for my stepsons. I may not have the tiger stripes from birthing them but I love them just as if they were mine. They’ve taught me many things, but the biggest is unconditional love and the desire to protect them from the bad in the world.
Those are just a few things that I am most thankful for this holiday season. Have you taken time to be thankful this month? Do you share gratitude throughout the year? I have thought a lot through this month about how much we take for granted every other month of the year and I am hoping to change that going forward. I may not share outwardly what exactly I am thankful for each day, but internally I will take the time to reflect on my day and give thanks. Take time, smell the roses and most of all, notice the little things . . .
I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and if you are traveling, please be safe and take time to enjoy every single second with those you love. ~ Tammy M. a/k/a GingerMantra