We still love a good Asian dish at our house, but one cannot live on veggies over rice alone. This week I craved some noodles and found a great organic whole wheat Udon Noodle option at our local food coop, New Leaf Market. I pulled out our weeks assortment of fresh veggies and put this dish together in under 20 minutes and dinner was served in 30!
- 2 diced Zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped Water Chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Mushrooms
- 2 diced Yellow/Red Peppers
- 1 cup diced Green Onion
- 2 cups chopped Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Gingermantra Stir Fry Sauce (see below for ingredients/instructions)
- 1 prepared package organic Whole Wheat Udon Noodles
Directions – Combine all the veggies, rice wine, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a WOK or large skillet and heat over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, depending on desired doneness of your veggies. Add stir fry sauce and continue to heat and toss for another 5 minutes. In a large bowl or serving dish, add Udon Noodles and veggies and toss together.
Gingermantra Stir Fry Sauce –
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes (if you don’t like heat cut this amount back to 1 tsp)
- 1/3 cup Honey (or you can substitute with 1/2 cup sugar)
Directions for Sauce – In a small sauce pot combine all ingredients and heat over medium-low heat whisking often to prevent scorching for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and add to Asian dish of choice and place rest in a glass container and refrigerate.