One of the many things that I fell in love with during last year’s tomato season was the yummy flavor of the sun gold tomatoes. I’m hoping to see many more of these in the coming weeks at the markets we shop. But, on a trip to the market this past weekend, I was excited to see that these little golden goodies were starting to arrive just in time for some summer breakfast scrambles and other recipes. Here is one of my new favorites to spice up your morning!
Spicy Sun Gold Tomato Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 5 diced sun gold tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- No Sugar/No Additive Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grass-fed butter or coconut oil
In a small bowl combine all ingredients except butter/oil and scramble together. Heat small skillet to medium and melt butter or coconut oil until melted. Add mixture and cook until desired consistence. I like to add a little hot sauce for kick and I generally double the recipe to share with my hubby after a morning workout.
Quick and super simple! ENJOY!