If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week.
But balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for nurturing your family and relationships. Or eating the hamburger but balancing it out with cutting the extra “junk” filled condiments or fried accompaniments or keeping it to moderation. Or training for my marathon and adding my cross-training workouts on the Balance Trainer with my gliders and bands at home when I can’t make it to the gym.
- I make time for myself by coming home early to grab a quick nap recover or making time for a massage or light pampering to help my body refresh.
- My favorite me time is mornings with my husband after we get home for our respective workouts, catching up and drinking coffee.
- My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is DON’T SKIP BREAKFAST, keep tabs on your hunger by making sure you have planned snacks between the other meals of the day.
- I make fitness a priority by planning my workouts first thing in the morning to make sure that I don’t have the choice to skip it in the afternoon when I may be feeling sluggish or other life priorities take over my schedule.
- When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is taking time to sit back and get a better handle on what my triggers are for the stress and addressing them.
- I make sure to have planned dinner every night with my husband to help my family stay balanced.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.