Often, busy schedules make for open opportunities to eat unhealthy. Last week as my husband was out-of-town for the week and I was fending for myself on the food train, I opted to make a dish that would carry me through several meals and offer a hearty and filling healthy option for those meals that I really just needed to grab something quick and go. I love pasta, but often the gluten-filled delight does not like me and I have found that my body is also not the biggest fan of wheat, but I do tolerate rice much better. I often go for the gluten-free and/or wheat-free options when shopping at the market, and I love to grab the colorful rice vegetable twists by Mrs. Leeper’s Organic Pasta.
- 1 package prepared Veggie Pasta (Gluten-Free Wheat-Free)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Sweet Basil
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, seeded/diced
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded/diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise
- Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese Alternative
- 1 tablespoon Badia Complete Seasoning
- Kosher Salt/Cracked Pepper to taste
Wilt the Baby Spinach – Over medium-low heat in a skillet add olive oil, basil, baby spinach and garlic and toss until spinach wilts. Remove immediately from pan to prevent overcooking.
Make the Dish – In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients adding the vegan mayonnaise, cheese alternative and salt and pepper last and mix well until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. I prefer to refrigerate overnight for all of the flavors to develop and create a very savory dish.
This is a great side dish option for those upcoming spring and summer picnics! Enjoy!